Sunday, May 15, 2005

In a Boat ,Caught in a Storm.......

In a boat, caught in a storm
This was a soul, worn and forlorn
It was an escape into darkness
Absconding from life's unfairness

My life was dark
Like a match with not a spark
So I set forth on a journey
To end my life,to end the journey ...

The wind blew with a vengeance
Thunder roared,knocking out my senses
Flash came the lightning with all its light
Then I knew I had to fight

My faith and my beliefs strengthened
My will to survive thickened
Man was no toy to be played by storms
Or no boy to be wounded by thorns

I would not succumb to the pain
Nor would I lose to the rain
I steadied myself to face the test of time
As this life was only mine

I rowed with all my might
The sharks and whales gave me a fright
But hope gave me the courage
The will to cope this rage

I rowed into the night's fury
With my faith and belief as my jury
And then a miracle took place
Which left me in a daze....

The clouds parted and winds stilled
The incessant rain stopped its spill
The sun rose majestically in the east
The birds sang,heralding a feast

The golden sands of the beach,
Now lay within my reach
And my troubles and guilt vanished
As I reached the beach famished

Thank You Lord for protecting me
And being present in all my deeds
Now I can face upto these challenges
Bearing in mind that night of penances!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sandeep Pillai said...

hey great work.. especially with the rhymes...consider "Flash came the lightning with all its light"...how about with all its might??
"The birds sang,heralding a feast".... uhhhmmmmm ... beautiful...

1:54 AM  
Blogger dhruvaaa said...

thanx man...i thought light sounded better with lightning..

10:22 PM  
Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

rightly said ..... " lightning and light " sounds way better .....

good going lady ...... :)

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home